Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Epia-N up and running

First impressions? Well, the heatsink does chuck quite a lot of heat out. I'm running Mandriva Linux at the moment via the GlobeTrotter - I'll install Windows in a little while and install the VIA utilities to monitor the temperature.

The board isn't supplied with a power switch or any other switches to connect to the header pins. Of course, if you buy a retail case, you'll get that with the case, but I'm using a switch I swiped from an old case. I found the pins were closer together than standard header pins, so I ended up bending them a little to attach the power switch and power LED.

Another thing to be careful of is the Mini-ATX power connector. It does require (like a normal ATX power connector I suppose) quite a lot of effort to plug in the adapter, and once it's there, you'll probably find yourself wondering if the board's going to snap if you ever remove it.

Right, I'm going to shut down now and reboot with a SATA hard drive and DVD drive connected and try to install Windows XP and the VIA drivers:)

1 Comments:

Blogger toy4x4 said...

Congrats on the initial test!! How much memory you got plugged in at this time?

Let us know how XP turns out!

1:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home