Saturday, December 10, 2005

Really funky little Nano-ITX box found - Piccolo?

Just came across this little box for the Nano-ITX, called the Piccolo by the looks of things:
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/hotline/20051015/etc_piccolo.html

Looks like it's about twice the height of the board itself, and can probably accomodate a 2.5" HD on it's side. It has no CD opening.

Time will tell if I'm going to be able to achieve what I really want, which is to fit a PC inside a 5.25" CD-drive sized box, to fit into a normal tower PC as a kind of 'embedded' or slot-in server which can be taken out and used anywhere.

My plan is to make it possible to power it via molex (12v yellow line) or a DC adapter. It will probably feature Wifi via the mini-PCI slot or perhaps USB, and the plan is to run Damn Small Linux via flash.

I'd appreciate any comments on this. As far as I can tell, it should be possible to fit within the height constraints of the 5.25" drive bay. I guess if necessary, I could use the Epia-NL to reduce the height.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home